Monday, April 1, 2019

One of Them

I am one of THOSE people .We all know different sets of THOSE people.  Theres the set of people who use their K cups twice. The sets of people who say "let's roll" when it's time to leave.  The sets of people who's yards are overgrown and they just don't give a damn. To someone, we are all one of THOSE people. But let me tell you, I never thought it would come to this.  I'm going to call it thrifty and creative but really it's just cheap and lazy .

I hung a t-shirt over my bedside window .The factory shades are not cutting it and with the east facing pane sitting 18 inches from my face, well, I needed to block the light there a bit more than the others . I could have bought a cute panel.  One single panel would be big enough to cut up and sew a couple more for the other windows.  I even walked through Target to look at different options. I've planned out what days during the week I had time and could sew them.  In the end, though, 11 months in the parking spot and I haven't pulled the trigger.  I don't want to invest in doing something cute or updated for Yertle if I don't know how long I will be here.

So let me introduce myself as a new member of the group, "Uses Clothing (or bedding) as Window Treatments".  I might add, I didn't even hang it straight.  How long will it be there?

No comments:

Post a Comment